McDonald Jacobs is always looking for talented individuals. Please email us with your interest. You may send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Family Wealth Tax Manager
- Estate Planning Paralegal (detailed descriptions below).
Job description, position #1:
Experienced Family Wealth Tax Manager
Handling tax matters for high net worth individuals, family businesses, trusts and estates takes more than just a technical understanding of current tax practices. As an experienced member of our Family Wealth Team, we’ll look to your knowledge across a wide range of tax areas, to assist our clients in achieving their goals in a high touch, personalized environment. You’ll work with great clients who value our services, and in return you can expect an incredible range of projects and responsibilities that will support your career growth.
What You Will Be Doing
Depending on your unique skills and ambitions, you could be working on various responsibilities, from reviewing staff work product, assist with technical planning and client relationship management. Whatever you find yourself doing, you’ll be part of a highly trained team, handling activities with a focus on quality. This is a high level service niche, so it’s all about maintaining our reputation as trusted advisors.
- Providing technical tax advice and planning services
- Building long-lasting relationships with our clients, developing your understanding of their unique needs and requirements
- Being part of a dedicated client service team and providing performance feedback to staff
- Constantly developing your own knowledge, maintaining your status as a trusted advisor by monitoring emerging trends, technologies and practices
What You Need for this Position
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- CPA certification
- The ability to communicate complex tax and industry concepts to clients through exceptional writing and speaking skills
- Confidence in your ability to prioritize when working on multiple complex projects
- The ability to collaboratively work with others as part of a high-performing team
- Minimum of 6 years of work experience in CPA firm
- Ability to work in fast paced professional services environment
- Wish list: A Master’s degree in Taxation
Job description, position #2:
Professional services firm is seeking a full-time Estate Planning paralegal to start immediately.
The successful candidate will have experience, ability and interest in:
- Drafting documents including Wills and Trusts
- Preparing Estate Tax Returns and ideally, the associated fiduciary income tax returns
- Supporting professionals with various tasks, and becoming an integral part of our Trust and Estate Team
The Successful Candidate Will Have the Following Qualifications:
- Associates Degree or Certificate in paralegal studies from an ABA approved program, or higher
- Minimum Two (2) years of experience working in the fields of Estate Planning and Probate Administration
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A superb attention to detail
- Well-organized and with the ability to work efficiently and prioritize appropriately
- Experienced with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.); and ideally tax software
Compensation commensurate with experience. Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume. Apply only through this solicitation, no phone calls please.
- Seniority Level
- Entry level
- Professional Services
- Employment Type
- Job Functions
- Legal/Tax Services
What We Offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our compensation package includes medical and dental coverage, 401(k) plan, PTO, paid holidays, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer volunteer time off, transportation passes and a progressive culture.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria for either of the above positions, please contact us as soon as possible. Email us at email@example.com with your cover letter and resume or via postal mail at the address below.
McDonald Jacobs, P.C.
520 SW Yamhill, Suite 500
Portland, Oregon 97204