Mary helps her clients approach their life changes with less stress and the increased financial security that comes from maximizing after-tax assets. Planning is the cornerstone of achieving your goals, which Mary learned from a young age. She grew up in a family that moved every few years due to her father’s government work. Every time her parents called a family meeting, it meant a move to a new city. Mary uses her planning skills and ability to adapt to change to assist her clients in achieving their goals. She started in public accounting in 1993, and brings years of experience in closely-held business consulting and trust and estate expertise. Mary’s passion is to make the McDonald Jacobs’ Trust and Estate Team the recognized leader in town. She emphasizes the critical importance of planning for wealth transfer, but also preparing for the inevitable changes that occur as we live our lives. This same philosophy holds true as we work towards any goal, plan but be flexible and anticipate change.
High-net worth individuals, trusts, estates and closely-held business tax issues.
Oregon CPA with over 20 years in public accounting
- Joined McDonald Jacobs in 2011, shareholder since 2013
- 8+ years Delap
- 3+ years sole practitioner
- 6+ years Jones and Company
Professional & Community Service:
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Oregon Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Estate Planning Council of Portland
- Past Treasurer, Portland Tax Forum
- OHSU Gift Planning Council Member
- Past Treasurer, Rock ‘n’ Roll Camp for Girls
- Master of Science, Taxation, Golden Gate University
- Bachelor of Science, Mass Communications, San Diego State University