Susan focuses on the special needs of non-profit organizations. From completing an audit to filing requisite forms, she recognizes that underfunded, understaffed non-profits need a level of attention that most businesses don’t require. And because staff turnover is not uncommon with non-profits, Susan finds that one of her primary responsibilities is providing continuity for the constantly evolving organizations. Working closely and on-site with her clients, Susan identifies opportunities to improve controls and systems, streamline operations, and help her clients operate more efficiently.
“Doing right by” by nonprofits with her “head in the clouds”, Susan loves working with cloud-based accounting software and providing clients with up to the minute, accurate financial information.
Oregon CPA and auditor, with 35 years of experience
Also licensed in Washington and maintains an Oregon Municipal Auditor’s license
- 30 years with McDonald Jacob, shareholder since 1990
- 2 years with Ernst & Young
- Xero and QuickBooks Online certified
Professional & Community service:
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Oregon Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Treasurer for Bicycle Transportation Alliance
- Cascade Aids Project.
- Treasurer for Seattle Audubon Society
- Past Treasurer – Cascade Aids Project.
BS with highest honors in Business Administration, Oregon State University