Tyee believes entrepreneurs can improve lives with their innovative products and services. He wants to be part of that. He serves entrepreneurs by helping them improve their profitability. Tyee advises growth leaders and their accountants on cash flow management, structuring transactions and tax planning.
Tyee has a breadth of experience working with local as well as international firms serving businesses of all sizes. He started his career with MJ and ventured out to work with other firms and eventually ran his own consulting and continuing education business for accountants. An entrepreneur himself, Tyee has firsthand experience with the challenges of growing a small business. Tyee has also served as Accounting Faculty at Portland State University for over a decade. Now that he’s back with MJ, he brings a teacher’s perspective to collaborating with and advising clients. Tyee doesn’t just deliver results, he helps the team understand the results.
Tyee works with LLCs, partnerships and corporations led by visionary entrepreneurs who think big. His clients are aspirational high growth businesses that range from software companies to lifestyle brands and all kinds of service providers. They sell their products and services through the web as well as traditional distribution channels.
Business advisory for entrepreneurs, LLCs, partnerships and corporations
Oregon CPA with over 13 years of experience advising on cash flow, transaction structuring and tax planning.
- 4 years with McDonald Jacobs, principal since 2013
- 4 years as independent consultant for variety of businesses and owner of TyeeReview, a continuing education company, serving accounting firms
- 4 ½ years with PricewaterhouseCoopers as tax manager
- 11 years with Portland State University as accounting faculty
- 2 years with Washington State University developing and delivering graduate tax courses
Professional & Community Service:
- OSCPA Member
- Beta Alpha Psi, Student Accounting and Service Organization, Faculty Adviser
- Portland Tax Institute, Speaker
Masters of Accountancy, University of Oregon